Trick or tip, which is your take on most vital aspect of your website? Judging involves the web content as well as its layout designing. The visitors find a website appealing only when they are provided with the relevant material in appealing format.
We are not born artists or have the potential to work wonders with our website and get the perfect website. You are not always imperfect, some simple tweaks and pointers will make your website refreshing and advanced. There are some key points to be considered when you plan a web design layout:
- Simple website – The layout should be user friendly. Your complex scripts may be invisible to the browsers or the navigational links, images could be amiss when compatibility factor is considered. Search engines will not be indexing your site when the navigation is too messy or complex. Lower the use of bulky images while working on web design layout. Smaller icons and planned website is preferred instead.
- Colors to please – The personal taste do vary and so your color choices also differ. Let the best shades be used for the layout designing. When some feedback is gathered about the visibility and eye friendly colors you can get the faultless results.
- Font size and text readability – The globally used font size is about 11-12 pixels or -1. The readability of your content improves with professional fonts and face. Well spaced text shows orderly and planned website.
- Dimension of webpage – The layout will be part of your page dimensions. The commercial website has to follow the height and width limits of your page. The 600×600 area can be used without any up and down scrolling. The page layout can do away with use of horizontal scrollbar. A changeable page layout that alters with the browser window size is easy. Image and text positions should be free of interferences. Any layout designing in the fixed table with width of 750 or 775 pixels is the best.
When planning web design layout ensure scroll length is around 4. Content has to be within limits and you can add new page for lengthy articles. Give navigable links to the previous or next page so users will browse the page with ease.
- File size limit – The complete size of your file along with text, images as well as other files for support like java, flash or more change the efficiency of the website. The importance of your page size is seen in its speed and navigability. The slow internet with 56k modem for access will have hard time browsing your page if too big in size. Small page will quickly load hence give users a better surfing experience.
- Background for contrast can be used like the graphics and font colors. Get theatre like settings with lighter font and darker background. Such web design layout is easy for reading and navigation.
- Side server can be used to centralize your common content.
- Fix all broken links. Find out the 404 errors with link checker and run a well maintained website.
Layout designing is not rocket science but not very difficult either. You can follow these simple tweaks and see how your web traffic and user browsing experience improves gradually. Exploit all potential of your design for maximum benefit.